Saturday, March 22, 2008

Last night after coming home from the store I told my mother something about the stars. That line got me started on a poem. That poem turned into a story. Its not done, mind you, but I like it very much. Tell me what you think.

I have noticed, recently, that the skys have been bright with many stars. And your eyes have become dark as the night. The feeling of terror over comes me as I run down the banquet hall. The blood rushes through my veins and my heart pounds faster and faster with every step. The cool winters air flows through the open windows as I throw the bedroom door ajar. Searching for a weapon of sorts, I hear your foot steps move closer and closer. I run to the window in the back. I turn to face you and as our eyes meet, I jump. I feel myself free fall for what feels like forever until my body slams into the hard ground. I lay there, unable to move for I don't know how long until I hear the front door slam shut behind you. I crawl to my feet, my head pounding as I try to run. My face filled with tears, I race to the black forest just as the bright sky begins to rain. The earth is quiet for a moment with the only sound being my beating heart and the pitter patter of rain drops hitting the many branches of this black forest. I tuck behind a tree and try to catch my breath. The crunching of the leaves under your heavy feet sound so distant. I start to drift off uncontrollably. My eyes grow heavy and I can feel my body slumping to the floor. I wake to the sound of you calling my name. Through the darkness of the trees I can see your body moving closer. I can hardly make out the face, but I know its you. In your hand is a sharp, heavy axe used to cut wood long ago. That image...your body slowly moving towards me, axe in hand, began to burn itself inside my brain. With a deep breath I lift myself off the broken leaves and branches. I spot a light out in the distances and I try to make my way to it. Your gaining on me with ease for no matter how fast I run your always faster. The lights so close now and if I could only make it just a bit further I know I could.... The world is blurry as I slowly open the lids to my eyes. My head is spinning as I try to move. Blood is running down my face and into my mouth. Theres a sound I can make out in the distance. As I begin to come to I find that my body is tightly tied to the trunk of a very large tree. I frantically look around only to find you, digging a very large hole. Your axe lay before me covered in mud. I search my body for cuts only to find a small gash in my head. Not from the axe...from a rock which lay next to me now.



Thats all I have so far. I wrote the last bit which starts "with a deep breath" just now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sounds creepy. good chapter for a horror book.
This is Pascha. It won't let me comment any other way.