Monday, February 18, 2008

Magic Tricks

For some reason today I had the urge to perform magic tricks. I don't know why it happens, but every few years something comes over me and I feel I must become the next Houdini. Maybe its because when I was about 12 I read an amazing book about Harry Houdini's life or maybe its because every child wants to impress there family by bursting into the living room with a blanket tied to their neck and a stick they've covered in black paper to look like a wand. I guess I just haven't grown out of that yet...and I guess I don't really want to. Anyway I found a video on VideoJug about how to make your fingers smoke and I flipped out, running into the living room and demanding that my parents watch me. Though the smoke was too small for my parents to see, I was still excited that I actually did magic. I later became inraged because both times I tried to show my mother the light was too dim or the smoke just wasn't visible enough for her. Eventually the trick just stopped working and I whole heartedly believe that whenever someone is actually looking, no matter how well you can do something, you will never be able to do it in front of them! And that, my friends, is why Houdini will never be matched!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are such a good writer. I beleive you could write articles that many people would read

this is from sam by the way

Party Pascha said...

you are so goofy! Just keep practicing and the smoke will appear before your very eyes! :)

Anonymous said...

ive had the same inclination to do magic as well =D and have failed miserably lol...houdini is awesome...you should definitely learn some magic so you can teach me!! lol ~Noah~