Thursday, February 21, 2008

Magazine Girls


Why is losing weight such a difficult thing? And why is it that I want to do it so badly? I look at the girls in the magazines and I just don't get why I don't look like them. I mean, I don't eat that much and when I do eat, the foods not that bad. I'll admit that I drink alot of soda but come on, if I stopped drinking soda, I would still be no closer to looking like this. I don't understand why all these girls around me are so thin and beautiful and why I'm so...not. Its been driven into our heads that in order to be loved you have to be in top shape. But why is that the top shape? Why should I have to push myself so hard to look like these women when alot of them didn't do a damn thing to look like that? My best friend is the skinniest person I've ever met and she hasn't worked out a day in her life. She eats way more than I do and she lies around the house all day blabbing on about how unpretty she is. I kinda want to snap her tiny little body in half, but I withstand my urges. I looked in the mirror today only to find myself hating every inch of my body. Not too long ago I was finally starting to like little bits of what I saw, but now my self esteem has dropped even further down the scale of self hatred. It was like a took a "love myself pill" and I'm coming down off the high only to find myself worse off than before. I've reached the point where I'm trying to trick myself into believing that I'm prettier than I am, but when I pass I mirror it hits me that I am a bigger liar that I thought. I'm so sick and tired of trying to lose weight. I've even started to pray for it because I just don't have the strength anymore. Praying is not something I do often. I only pray maybe one every two months but I just want to pretty so bad. I want to look like those other girls. I want to be able to buy clothes without crying. I just want to be happy. Is that too much to ask for?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh sweetie, I understand. I feel the same way. I'm trying to not be so hard on my body and realize that those girls? They aren't real! Those bodies aren't realistic. We all have different shapes and what is important is being healthy for YOUR shape and loving it for what it is.

As far as what you eat and drink...I've told you before, set up an account with Sparkpeople (I think there maybe a teen version of the site, I'm not sure) and start by measuring and logging your food AND drinks. And I mean everything. even that little bit of butter or that tsp of salt. Number one, you will learn a lot about the nutrients in the food you are eating and the soda and juices you are drinking. Number two, you will learn alot about what a healthy serving size is and the calories in it.

I'm sorry Mac, there is NO easy solution. I've spent my life trying to find one. It doesn't exist. You have to put the work in to get the results you want.

In the meantime, stop being so hard on your body. It's not your body's fault. It is just as God designed it. It's up to us to take care of it once he's given it to us.

Love you!

Party Pascha said...

Okay, your friend will end up gaining weight when she gets older. I guarantee it! And if she doesn't change what she's doing now, she will be worse off than you think you are. As far as being pretty, you are pretty. You just don't see it, because you are a teenager and teenagers don't like themselves. The clothes thing? You and I need to get together and make some kick-ass clothes just for you! Go to the stores and take pics of clothes you like that don't fit you and I bet we can create our own personalized versions of them. And I know you like to design stuff, too, so start designing! I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to try that! How rock on would that be?

Anonymous said...

its all about metabolism, however in my opinion, you look good the way you are =)....for me...ive never thought of how you looked as an issue...ive always thought of it as something wonderful XD...your very attractive ;)...and i dont think you should change anything about yourself...to me...your good just the way you are right now ^^ ~Noah~